Saturday 11 April 2015

The joy of vintage clothing is that you often find unusual pieces that you will only come across once in your lifetime, this, however, can be a major down side.  This week I went to an auction, and there were a few lovely pieces I had my eye on, but one dress shone out.  It was a really beautiful, high quality, immaculate 1960's psychedelic dress, in a style and print I have never come across before, it was not in my size, but I wanted it for my shop...big time!

Trouble was, other folk's had there beady eye's on it too, and when it came to auction I panicked!!  Bidding had gone a bit high, and the likely hood of me making any profit out had gone out of the window, so in the moment, I let it go.  I left the auction empty handed, and a bit sad (but at least my purse was still full).

This heavenly, divine dress has been playing on my mind ever since, it was just so lovely, the like of which I will probably never come across again and I really, REALLY regret not fighting for it.  I wish I had just bought it as a stunning addition to my collection, sometimes you get lost in profit and forget why you started doing this, for the love of vintage clothing.  Its fair to say a lesson has been learnt!  Its a crazy world, so who knows, maybe our paths will cross again some day, or maybe it just was not meant to be.

I have some very pretty new pieces in my Etsy store this week so its not all bad, check them out at  beyondthevintage , here are a few to wet your whistle..





Big love

Gem



No comments:

Post a Comment